1. Classic FM Requests programme (‘Programme’) is organised by Global (as defined in the General Terms and Conditions). This Programme runs on weekdays 12-2pm on Classic FM. Through-out the Programme we play out different pieces of music requested by listeners (the ‘Feature’).
2. IMPORTANT: The Feature is subject to these Specific Rules and the General Terms and Conditions which are available here (together, the ‘Promotion Terms and Conditions’). Submitting a request into the Feature constitutes acceptance of these Specific Rules and the General Terms and Conditions.
Details of the Feature:
3. The on-air Feature involves listeners requesting a piece of music to be played on Classic FM, alongside a story or dedication.
4. The listener may request a piece via one of the following:
a) Text 61812 with their request
b) Email via ClassicFM.com
c) Ask their smart speaker to ‘send a comment to Classic FM’.
d) Phone 0345 7 49 1812 and leave a voicemail.
A Classic FM representative will call back a number of listeners for each weekday Programme to record an audio message, which may be broadcast on Classic FM between 12.00-14.00.
5. Text messages will be charged at standard network rates. In all cases, please check with your service provider for more details and charges. If you are not the bill payer, you must obtain the bill payer’s permission before entering.
6. We are not responsible for any latency experienced by your mobile phone network, which may delay the delivery of text messages to and/or from us.
7. If you are a listener who is chosen to have their request featured in the Programme, you may be called by the Classic FM representative. That call will be pre-recorded for future broadcast. We may also use your audio in any and all media, worldwide, in perpetuity, for publicity and PR purposes solely in connection with the Programme. If you are under the age of 18, we will need a parent/guardian permission to use your audio in any promotional materials.
8. We may publish and publicise your name, your nearest geographical location (for example, your nearest city, town or county) and your entry, and we may refer to your association with the Feature, in any and all media, worldwide, in perpetuity, for publicity and PR purposes solely in connection with the Feature.
9. For the avoidance of any doubt there are no prizes associated with this Feature.
10. The Feature is open to all UK residents who are based in the UK at the time of contacting Classic FM. Requests are open to listeners of all ages, but we require parents’ permission if the listener is under the age of 18.
11. Your personal data that you provide to us will be collected and processed by us, our licensees (including Communicorp UK Limited), and if applicable, our service providers, network operators and suppliers in order to administer and fulfil the Feature. Your personal data may also be disclosed to the Phone-paid Services Authority, Ofcom and/or the Advertising Standards Authority at their reasonable request for regulatory purposes, for example, in order to prevent, investigate and detect crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and comply with law enforcement agencies and applicable advertising codes.
14. We may transfer and process personal data outside of the EEA and UK for the purposes of administering the Programme. Where any transfers are made outside of the EEA or UK we will ensure appropriate safeguards to protect your personal data are in place.
15. We will hold your personal data for a period of up to 3 years in order to comply with our regulatory obligations.
16. You may request the removal of your personal details from our database by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If you request that your personal details be removed prior to the conclusion of the Feature, you will forfeit your right to have your request played as part of the weekday Feature and we reserve the right to select another entrant to participate in the Feature.